Manhattan Halloween Parties NYC - Midtown, UES, Upper East Side, East Village, UWS, Upper West Side, SoHo, Harlem, Inwood & Washington Heights
Manhattan Halloween Parties - Manhattan NYC
With only six days to go before Halloween, we decided to do a round up of some of the Halloween parties planned in Manhattan.
The weather on Friday and Saturday evenings preceding Halloween this year is expected to be about ten degrees warmer than usual - meaning in the 60's during the day and in the 50's at nigh in Manhattan. No rain is expected on either of the two weekend nights.
* The Village Halloween Parade starts at 7 pm at Spring Street and 6th Avenue and marches north to 16th Street on Tuesday, October 31st. It lasts in the neighborhood of three to four hours with the official end time at 10.30 pm. We've heard that there are over 30 musical groups and an innumerable showing of creative costumes.
The following is a short list of Manhattan Halloween parties at local bars, restaurants and arts and public venues will be added over time. In most cases we suggest that you call ahead and rsvp a spot to be sure you get in.
Click here to view our report on Halloween Parties Manhattan Midtown Upper East Side UES & East Village SoHo.
Manhattan Halloween Parties - Manhattan NYC
Some Great Restaurants & Bars Hosting Manhattan Halloween Parties in Midtown, UES, Upper East Side, East Village, UWS, Upper West Side, SoHo, Harlem, Inwood & Washington Heights
The following is a list of some of the restaurants that might provide you with good food, drinks and enough of a costume scene for you to enjoy spending Halloween in Manhattan NYC. Be advised that you must be 21 years or older for all but the Museum of Natural History Halloween Party.
Halloween in Central Park NYC
* On Sunday, October 29 beginning at 4 pm there's a Central Park Halloween celebration entitled Floating Pumpkin Flotilla. It's at Harlem Meer, which is the northeast 'pond' [Enter east side along 5th Avenue from 106th to 110th Street]. Bring a small or medium sized pumpkin and enjoy pumpkin carving, Halloween crafts, spooky stories, a costume parade, and most of all the Conservancy’s signature Pumpkin Flotilla, which sets sail across the Harlem Meer at twilight. It's free and tickets are not required.
Upper East Side Halloween Parties
* There's a special Halloween party at Gracie Mansion at 88th Street and East End Avenue this weekend. There are multiple time slots available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - but it required an rsvp a week ago via 311 or at www.nyc.gov/GracieHalloween. Free - FULL / SOLD OUT. Manhattan Halloween parties on the Upper East Side UES.
* [No Manhattan Halloween party here this year] Guastavino's, under the 59th Street Bridge on 409 E 59th Street, is an event space which in 2016 had been used to host one of the [UES] Upper East Side Halloween parties in north East Midtown. The Halloween Party that year had been dubbed a Masquerade Gala. The party had a DJ and ran from 9 pm to 3 am. Tickets ranged from $61 - $98 at barcrawls.com or joonbug.com and included an open bar. Manhattan Halloween parties in Midtown / Upper East Side UES.
Upper West Side Halloween Parties
* On Saturday, October 28th from 2 to 6 pm there's an UWS Upper West Side Halloween Party / Celebration at the Museum of Natural History. There's trick or treating in many of the halls [but note some will be closed] with arts and crafts workshops, roaming cartoon characters. Tickets are $12 / $15 and may be purchased at amnh.org.
* On Saturday, October 28th from 11 am to 1 pm there's Lincoln Center Trick or Treat at Josie Robertson Plaza and Hearst Plaza in Lincoln Center just south of 65th Street along Columbus Avenue on the Upper West Side. The event includes costumes, candy, spooky stories and other fun. Free Halloween parties on the Upper West Side in Manhattan NYC. www.kids.lincolncenter.org.
* It appears the NY Historical Society and the Columbus Avenue BID are NOT collaborating on an UWS Halloween party this year.
* You might want to check out e's bar on the UWS. I think they're doing something Halloween'ish. It's a neighborhood bar that attracts a 20's to 40's+ crowd. Do a search for details.
Midtown Manhattan Halloween Parties
* NYC Halloween Cruise Costume Party boards at the Marina in Midtown East at 23rd Street and the FDR at 10.30 pm, leaves at 12 midnight and returns at 4 am. The event includes DJ and dance floors with mix of the top 40. Costumes mandatory and ticket prices are $20 to board and pay onboard for everything else. Tickets may be purchased at www.gametightny.com. Halloween party cruises from East Midtown Manhattan NYC.
* Grand Central Terminal is hosting Trick or Treat at the Terminal from 3 to 7 pm on Tuesday, October 31st. They will be giving away free, limited-edition tote giveaways [to kids in costume only], face painting, professional pumpkin carving demos, and trick or treating at participating Grand Central shops and restaurants [kids in costume]. Rsvp tickets at www.grandcentralterminal.com/events/ and then on Tuesday check in on the Grand Central Taxi Stand at 25 Vanderbilt Avenue at East 43rd Street. Manhattan Halloween parties in Midtown NYC.
* Moosehead Theater of Inwood performs its famous Dracula at a Midtown theater - do a search for details.
* [No Manhattan Halloween party here] Penthouse 760 located at 760 8th Avenue at 47th Street near Times Square in West Midtown and the Bryant Park Hotel on 40 W. 40th Street in Midtown do not appear to be hosting Manhattan Halloween parties this year.
* [No Halloween Party here - Temporarily closed for renovations] The Devil Wears Pranna was the theme of the Pranna Nightclub Midtown Manhattan Halloween Party. There was an open bar from 9 - 10 pm and the live DJ spun through the night. Located at 79 Madison Avenue between 28th and 29th streets the party ran well past 1 am. Tickets cost $10 to $1410 for a party of 14 people. Manhattan Halloween parties in Midtown.
Manhattan Halloween Parties Hells Kitchen
* The Sky Room at 330 West 40th Street is hosting a Manhattan Halloween costume party on Saturday, October 28th beginning at 9 pm. There are two floors and there will be DJ's spinning the disks. Admission $20 - $30 and must dress for the event. Tickets and table service available at email@example.com. Manhattan Halloween parties in Hells Kitchen NYC.
Flatiron Halloween Walking Tours
* On Sunday, there's a free FlatIron Halloween Themed History Tour beginning at 11 am meeting at the southwest corner of Madison Square Park at 23rd Street and Broadway [bytheWilliam Seward statue]. No advance registration is required [free / history / no rsvp required - www.flatirondistrict.nyc/free-walking-tour]. Halloween parties in Manhattan in the Flatiron District.
Manhattan Halloween Parties Chelsea
* On Friday, October 27th beginning at 9 pm, Slate at 54 West 21st Street [between 5th & 6th Avenues] is hosting a Halloween party in Chelsea / the Flatiron District. Slate is bi-level, upscale bar and lounge and there will be DJ's, costume prizes and drink specials. $10 admission in advance on eventbrite. Halloween parties in Manhattan in the Chelsea neighborhood.
* On Saturday, October 28th, the Park at 10th Avenue in Chelsea is hosting a Halloween party. They have an outdoor area - $20. Do a search for details. Manhattan Halloween parties in Chelsea NYC.
West Village Halloween Parties
* On Saturday, October 28th from 9 pm to 2 am there will be a Sky High Rooftop Halloween party at Cielo at 18 Little West 12th Street in the West Village. The Meatpacking district club will be hosting independent record label Deep Root Records and its artists Francis Mercier, Dean Mickoski and Posse. There will be an open bar from 9 to 10 pm. Admission $20 and rising as demand sells out and must dress for the event. Tickets and table service available at firstname.lastname@example.org. Manhattan Halloween parties in the West Village.
* The Village Halloween Parade starts at 7 pm at Spring Street and 6th Avenue and marches north to 16th Street on Tuesday, October 31st. It lasts in the neighborhood of three to four hours with the official end time at 10.30 pm. We've heard that there are over 30 musical groups and an innumerable showing of creative costumes. Manhattan Halloween parties in SoHo and the West Village.
* Gansevoort Meatpacking at 9th Ave is hosting a Halloween party in the West Village. They have a mix of new facilities. The fee is $20 - do a search for details. Manhattan Halloween parties in the Meatpacking district in the West Village.
* There's a Union Square Purge this Halloween at a space just off Union Square Park in the Village. Do a search for details. Manhattan Halloween parties in the Village.
East Village Halloween Parties Manhattan
* [No Manhattan Halloween party here this year - They temporarily closed in Sept 2017 for renovations - no info on when to be completed as of this posting] Webster Hall in the East Village at 125 E. 11th off 4th Avenue usually hosts a themed East Village Halloween Party. In 2016 they called it Webster HELL. In 2015 it included a 'parade' before midnight, a virgin sacrifice at midnight and a $5,000 costume contest. General admission was $70 at WebsterHall.com, and there were early bird tickets going for $40. Manhattan Halloween parties in the East Village.
Manhattan Halloween Parties SoHo & Tribeca
* On Saturday, October 28th, Capitale on the northwest corner of Grand at 130 Bowery in SoHo is hosting their 16th Annual Masquerade Ball from 10 pm to 4 am with a half hour of free vodka shots beginning at 10 pm. There will be a live DJ and prices range from $20 to $410 for a table of 4 people at www.ClubZone.com. Manhattan Halloween parties in SoHo.
* There's a Halloween party at the Nomo Soho, which is a smaller venue with modern decor - do a search for details.
* There's a Halloween celebration at the South Street Seaport - do a search for details.
Manhattan Halloween Parties Harlem
* It's not a Harlem Halloween party, but it's worth mentioning that on Friday & Saturday evening, there's a Breakin' Convention at the Apollo Theater at 253 West 125th Street in Harlem. Tickets are $28 - $49 and can be purchased at www.apollotheater.org. Manhattan Halloween parties in Harlem.
Restaurants in Manhattan NYC
Also check out some of our favorite Manhattan Restaurants NYC including near Gramercy Park.
Halloween Parties NYC - Manhattan Halloween Parties UES, UWS, SoHo, East Village, West Village, Upper East Side, Upper West Side & Midtown NYC
Click this link for promotions, discounts and coupons in Manhattan.
Manhattan NYC Related Links
Click for Manhattan Restaurants
Click for Manhattan Neighborhoods
Click for Manhattan Things To Do
Click for Gramercy Park Restaurants
Click for Manhattan Hotels
Click for New Years Parties & Restaurants
Archives - TBD
Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Manhattan Business Directory.
Click the log in link below to create an ID and post an opinion.
Or send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.