Manhattan Buzz .com  Log-In

manhattan memorial day weekend manhattan nyc manhattan things to do memorial day weekend 2017

Memorial Day Weekend 2017 In NYC

Things To Do In NYC & Manhattan Over The Memorial Day Weekend

memorial day weekend things to do manhattan 2017 things to do nyc manhattanMay 22, 2017 / Things To Do Memorial Day Weekend Manhattan NYC / Manhattan Buzz NYC.

Weather. The temperature highs will be in the 70's and the lows in the 60's. It will be partly cloudy with a 20% to 50% chance of less than 1/10th of an inch of rain on Friday, Saturday clear, Sunday 20% chance of 1/10th of an inch of rain, and less than a 30% chance of 1/10th of an inch of rain Monday after 8 am. Humidity will be 50% 70% and winds at 10 - 15 mph. So the possibility of a tiny bit of rain and a bit cloudy, but should be pretty fair.

Be sure to check our Memorial Day Weekend things to do post mid afternoon Friday. The following includes information and a few links - NYC street fairs in Manhattan, go bicycling in Manhattan, play soccer & other games in Manhattan NYC parks, go shopping in Manhattan locales including Midtown, the Upper West & East Sides & the Village, attend Manhattan parades, watch theater, visit the NYC art museums, and eat out at one of the Manhattan restaurants NYC.

And it's all happening right here in our favorite borough - Manhattan. So take your time to sort through the days and locations and start planning your weekend.

Memorial Day 2017 Events In Manhattan

Click here to obtain information about things to do Memorial Day Weekend 2017 in Manhattan NYC. This events calendar is updated monthly with about 100 different Manhattan fun / cultural events.Manhattan things to do Manhattan NYC

Manhattan Public & Private Parks

Manhattan has one of number of public parks of which a few include swimming facilities. Click here for a listing of the Manhattan Parks NYC including maps showing their locations along with a bit of park history.

NYC Golfing In Queens & The Bronx

Queens has four golf courses and all of them are open this weekend. Click here for details about Queens Golf Courses 2017 including maps and links to the operators' websites. The Bronx has several public golf courses: Mosholu and Van Cortlandt Park are accessible via the MTA / subway.

Memorial Day Weekend 2017 In NYC

Things To Do In NYC & Manhattan Over The Memorial Day Weekend

May 22, 2017 / Things To Do Memorial Day Weekend Manhattan NYC / Manhattan Buzz NYC. Continued.

things to do in manhattan memorial day weekend 2017 manhattan nyc

Art Exhibits In Manhattan & NYC - Memorial Day Weekend 2017

Click here to view some of the in-progress art exhibits in Manhattan this Memorial Day weekend. There are too many museums to showcase in this short space, but here are a few that are clustered along the Upper East and Upper West Sides.

Along the Upper East Side NYC, The Museum of New York, The Guggenheim Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Frick Collection are all located along Fifth Avenue between 70th Street and 96th Street.

Along the Upper West Side there's the New York Historical Society, the American Museum of Natural History and the Planetarium - all of which are located along Central Park West between 75th and 85th Streets.

In Midtown there's the Museum of Modern Art.

In the photo to your right is one of the sculpture galleries in the Frick Museum at 70th Street and Fifth Avenue along Central Park East.

Dance, Theater & Music In Manhattan & NYC - Memorial Day Weekend 2017

things to do memorial day weekend manhattan 2017 things to do manhattan memorial day weekendClick here to view the Theatre section of the Manhattan Events Calendar to see what's doing this Memorial Day weekend theater in Manhattan NYC.

Lincoln Center. Just north of Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center is the home of many wonderful musical and dance performances.

Columbia University. At the north end of the Upper West Side is Columbia University which largely operates in its own world, but has many cultural events going and frequently they're also available to the public.

Carnegie Hall. Carnegie Hall is located on 57th Street and home to many classical musical performances.

Theater District Times Square. The Theatre District center is at 42nd Street and Broadway, where you can fan out in directions north and then east or west and find many theaters that almost always have a production going.

And further downtown in Midtown south, Chelsea and the Village there are many of the modern musical and theatrical venues. You need only browse along and off of the main streets to find something interesting.

Alvin Ailey Dance. An example of an interesting venue is shown in the photo to your right, where the Neville Dance Theatre Company is performing at the Alvin Ailey Dance Studios in west Midtown NYC.

Street Fairs Memorial Day Weekend 2017 In Manhattan

On Memorial Day Weekend in Manhattan there are a number of street fairs planned along the Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Midtown, manhattan memorial day weekend 2017 things to do memorial day weekend manhattan nycthe West Village and East Village. Click here to view the Memorial Day Weekend Street Fairs in Manhattan, including dates, times and map links.

Shopping In Manhattan & NYC

This is a great weekend to do a bit of shopping during the pleasant weekend weather. Click here to view our shopping sections of the following neighborhoods: Upper East Side NYC Shopping, Midtown Shopping and coming soon - shopping in the Village NYC & Upper West Side NYC Shopping.

Each of these shopping sections includes, or will include, links to home pages, which have slide shows of merchandise as well as maps, store hours, phone numbers and telephone numbers.

In the photo at right is one of the brand name stores located in the heart of Midtown.

Bicycling In Manhattan & NYCthings to do memorial day weekend manhattan 2017 things to do manhattan memorial day weekend 2017

Manhattan has a long and growing list of bike paths. Click here to view a report about bike laws in NYC so you can ride safely. There's a program called Citi Bikes, which allows you to rent a bike using your credit card. Whereever you find bike racks filled with blue bicycles - take a closer look and it's probably a Citi Bike rack and you can rent a bike from there and return it to any of their racks around NYC.

We're working on a useable map of bike trails in Manhattan, since we couldn't find one we liked. In the photo to your right are the 5 Boro Bike Riders cruising through the Upper East Side NYC on their way to the Queensboro Bridge in an earlier year [14].


Kyaking Along The East River In Manhattan & NYC

There are a couple of kyaking clubs that operate in the NYC Metro area. Generally they will provide free use of kyaks or charge only a nominal fee. Do a search for kyaking in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and you'll find more detailed info. At a later date we'll return here to update this with our own findings.

restaurants shopping memorial day weekend manhattan 2017 memorial day weekend shopping restaurants 2017

Dining In Manhattan & NYC

Food in Manhattan has always been good. The variety of restaurant choices is difficult to match anywhere, and if you look carefully, you can find good food at reasonable prices too. Click here to view the Manhattan Restaurants NYC section of the site, which includes reviews of the restaurants we've selected to review. As of this writing, we've identified some of our old favorites, but haven't done the deep dive yet.

Things To Do Manhattan - Upper West Side NYC

Click here for things to do on the Upper West Side NYC.

Manhattan NYC - Related Links

Click for Manhattan Restaurants NYC

Click for Manhattan NeighborhoodS NYC

Click for Manhattan Things To DO NYC

Click for Gramercy Park Restaurants NYC

Click for Manhattan Hotels NYC

Click for New Years Parties & Restaurants NYC

Click for Manhattan Furniture Stores NYC

Click for Manhattan Street Fairs NYC

Click for Manhattan Professional Services NYC

Click for Manhattan Farmers Markets NYC

Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".


Click this link to search for something in our Manhattan Business Directory.

Click the log in link below to create an ID and post an opinion.

Or send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.

Login and voice your opinion!